Name:
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Optimistically I greet each day with.... "What fresh hell is this???" It's all in the delivery .....all in the delivery.

Saturday, December 17, 2005


Wellllll.......my first picture on this site. Not hard to do either. Simple is good for me.
This is my baby, a 1975 Ferrari 308GT4 Dino. It has owned me for five years now and I'm worth every cent. Huh???

The story started 9 years ago when I was sitting at a stop light at Guelph Line and Prospect in Burlington waiting to turn left. The "Red Car" (my pet name for it), glided through the intersection in front of me, my eyes popped in recognition of the model, and I waited patiently for the light to change so I could follow it (Ha, ha, big ha). The damned light finally changed, I turned left to follow and luckily he had been slowed by the next light. The owner pulled into a quiet survey near my neighbourhood, and parked at the side of the road to make a call on his cellphone, allowing me the opportunity to have a closer look.

Yes! As I thought, it really was a 308 Dino. I had often read mixed reports about the styling. The angular Bertone design was a disappointment to many Ferrari fans who universally loved it's predecessor, the 246 Dino. This was the third one I had seen in the flesh, and once again I thought the detractors were nuts......it looked just fine, really fine.

When he finished his call the owner graciously got out and we chatted about the car for half an hour. He laughed as I asked him all of the same questions about Ferrari ownership that he had asked when he bought the car a few years earlier. I was fairly knowledgeable about the model and he filled in some gaps for me. The car was pristine, I "oohed" and of course "aahed" over it for a while and as we parted, I gave him my card and said " If you ever decide to sell it give me a call. My wife will probably kill me but I might be in the market."

Four years later the phone rang.............I'm still alive, and I guess I was in the market.

More later about the first drive.......but let's try one more picture.

CRAP.....the interior picture popped up to the top of this post. Oh well, too tired now to fix it. Still learning...



6 Comments:

Blogger Martini said...

It really is a piece of art.

12/23/2005 8:26 AM  
Blogger Bub said...

Dynamic art, it is indeed.

12/23/2005 4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Home security business ops Matawan web marketing Southern sun ringtone Soccer central channel cosmetic company

2/21/2007 4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

3/02/2007 2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

3/14/2007 4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

4/26/2007 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home